Naan bread is a delicious pillow-like Indian-style bread that can be used so many different ways. Naan bread is great for making grilled cheese, using it as a dipping bread, or even making pizza.
Traditionally naan bread is made using a tandoor which gives it that slight char on the outside but fluffy in the middle.
Luckily since most of us don’t have a tandoor oven you can replicate it using a cast iron skillet and get the same great taste and texture.
So the question is how can you reheat naan bread and get that nice soft fuffy texture back. It is really easy to do in the microwave, oven, or stovetop. I am going to show you just how to accomplish each method.
reheating naan bread Methods
The key to reheating naan bread is keeping in mind that all you are trying to accomplish is reheating the bread, not recooking it.
Because we are only reheating it any method will work just fine. Whether you decide to use the microwave, oven, or stovetop is up to you. They each have their pluses and minus which I will get into later on.
For now, let’s dive into how to reheat your naan bread so that you can bring it back and enjoy its fresh warm flavor all over again.
You need to check out my post on how to reheat pizza in an oven.
The microwave is a quick and easy way to reheat your naan bread. You want to start by making sure that you have a microwave-safe plate.
If you are reheating more than one naan bread at a time you will want to spritz each one with a little bit of water and lay a piece of parchment paper over each slice. This will keep them from sticking to each other.
Place them in the microwave and cook on medium-high for 1 minute. Every microwave cooks a little differently so you may need to add another 30 seconds.
If you are reheating frozen naan bread it is important to cook it in small increments of time so that the moisture doesn’t release too fast which will make the bread soggy.
- On a microwave safe plate stack one naan bread at a time, spinkle with water, and place a piece of parchmanet paper on top and then do the same thing with the next naan bread and so on.
- On medium high heat cook for 1 minute and then 30 second intervals until reheated.
- Lather with butter and enjoy!
Reheating naan bread in the oven is simple and really brings back that fluffy texture. It is important to remember that you are only reheating the naan bread not recooking it so this is a quick process.
Preheat the oven to 350°. While the oven is preheating lay the naan bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little bit of water to ensure that it stays moist.
Place the baking sheet in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Just enough to get it nice and warm again. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a single layer place the naan breads on a baking sheet.
- Spritz with a little bit of water
- Bake for 3-5 minute
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
The stovetop is a great way to reheat naan bread especially if you have a cast-iron skillet. If you don’t have cast iron that is ok the process is still the same.
Preheat your pan on medium heat and then add a little bit of olive oil. Just enough to give the bottom a little bit of grease so that the naan bread doesn’t stick.
Reheat your naan bread one at a time by placing them in the pan and allow to cook on each side for about 2 minutes. Just enough to warm them through the middle of the bread.
Keep a close eye on the naan bread as this is going to be a quick process and you do not want to burn them.
- Preheat skillet on medium heat
- Add in a little oil just enough to grease the bottom
- Place on naan bread at a time in the pan and cook each side for about 2 minutes until warmed through.
How to reheat naan bread in an airfryer
Reheating naan bread in an air fryer is great because it really reheats it all the way through evenly. Air fryers work with convection fans allowing the hot air to continuously move around the food.
This also allows for the outside of the bread to crisp up just a little and the inside to still be light and fluffy.
Simply preheat your air fryer to 350°F. Wipe a little olive oil on the air fryer basket so that the pieces of bread do not stick to it. Or if you have an olive oil spray that would work also.
Arrange the naan bread in the air fryer basket so that they are not overcrowded. Sprinkle with a little water and then place them in the air fryer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Grease air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Arrange naan bread in the basket.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until it is heated through.
I have another tip that you might enjoy, how long does bread last in the fridge.
How to Reheat Naan Bread (4 Ways)
- Microwave-safe plate
- baking sheet
- Air Fryer
- Air fryer basket
- 1 naan bread
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp water
Reheating naan bread in the microwave
- Place one naan bread on a microwave-safe plate.
- Sprinkle with water and place a piece of parchment paper on top.
- Stack a second naan bread on top and repeat the steps.
- Cook on medium-high heat for one minute and add 30 seconds at a time as needed.
Reheat naan bread in the oven
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place naan bread on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with water and bake for 3-5 minutes or until reheated.
Reheating naan bread on the stovetop
- Preheat skillet on medium heat and then add in a little olive oil just enough to grease the bottom of the pan.
- Place one naan at a time into the pan and cook for 2 minutes and then flip it over and cook for another 2 minutes. Add time as needed to reheat.
How to reheat naan bread in an air fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Grease the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Arrange naan bread in the air fryer basket and cook for 3-5 minutes.