Reheating onion rings is a great way to enjoy the taste of freshly prepared onion rings even after they have been refrigerated.
Reheating onion rings is a simple process that can be done in several different ways and we will cover them in this post.
Reheating Onion Rings In The Oven
Reheating onion rings in the oven is a great way to enjoy them again! The oven will perfectly preserve their crunchiness, ensuring that you have a delicious meal.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before placing the dish of onion rings inside.
- Arrange onion rings on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for around 10 to 15 minutes, checking on them often to make sure they don’t burn.
- Once heated through, don’t let the onion rings go back to room temperature or they may crumble.
Reheating Onion Rings In A Skillet
Reheat onion rings, in the same way, they were cooked the first time. Typically always have been fried. If your making onion rings, learn how to cut an onion.
- Use a skillet over medium heat and add a small amount of a high heat oil like avocado or olive oil. Let the oil get hot before you add the onion rings so they don’t get soggy.
- Add the onion rings in an even layer, not touching each other.
- Cook for about two minutes on one side before flipping them over and cooking on the opposite side until they are crispy again (about three to five minutes).
Reheating onion rings in the microwave
Onion rings should not be reheated in the microwave unless it’s not possible with any of the other methods. The main reason is that they can become mushy.
You will not get a crispy onion ring when you add them to a microwave.
Reheating onion rings in the microwave is a common solution when they are not eaten right away.
However, microwaves can only reheat the outside layer of onion rings so the inside will still be cold and mushy. When you take a bite to the ring, the core could still be cold.
So if this is your only option then…
- Add the onion rings to a microwave-safe dish.
- See if your microwave has a reheat option and use that.
- If no preheat option, try reheating one minute at a time until they are ready to eat.
Onion rings should not be reheated in the microwave if possible.
Reheat onion rings in an air fryer
Reheating onion rings is a simple process that can be done in an air fryer.
- Simply turn your air fryer up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the onion rings in the basket for around 10 minutes.
- When they’re done, they should feel crispy and have a bit of their original golden brown color back.
- Place onion rings in a single layer in the air fryer basket and serve hot and enjoy!
How do you keep onion rings warm?
Onion rings are a delicious snack that can be enjoyed at any time. However, one of the problems with onion rings is that they can often go cold quickly. There are a few ways to keep onion rings warm, but the best way is to put them in a warm oven.
The oven will use dry heat and will stop the onion rings from going cold. It is important to keep the door closed as much as possible to stop moisture from getting into the oven from outside.
Do you know what goes really well with reheated onion rings? A reheated burrito will be a great meal.
Reheating Onion Ring Options Pros and Cons
|Oven||crispy onion rings||takes some time|
|Stove-top||crispy onion rings||slow and messy|
|Microwave||fast to reheat||soggy onion rings|
Fried onion rings can be stored in a fridge for up to three days. They should last longer than that if they are kept tightly wrapped and not left out of the package.
If your onion rings are soggy, you can try placing them on a paper towel and wrapping it around the onion ring. This will absorb some of the excess moisture in order to make them crispy again.
Another option is adding them to an air fryer, this could take the moisture out and make them crispy again.
If you have leftover onion rings, they can be served in a sandwich or on top of vegetables.
How to Reheat Onion Rings
- baking sheet
- Air fryer basket
- Microwave safe dish
- Onion Rings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Arrange onion rings on a baking sheet making sure they are not overlapping.
- Reheat for 10 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy while they are still hot.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Cook in a single layer in the hot oil for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove them from the pan and enjoy.
Air fryer Method
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F
- Arrange onion rings in the air fryer basket not allowing them to touch one another.
- Cooke for 10 minutes
- Remove and enjoy before they cool off to room temperature.
- Place onion rings on a microwave-safe dish.
- Cook on reheat or start with 1 minute on medium.