Chicken noodle soup, a beloved comfort classic, truly shines when paired with the right accompaniments!
Whether you’re hosting or enjoying a quiet dinner, the right side dish can elevate your soup to new flavorful heights.
In this post, we’ll explore a variety of tasty and harmonious pairings—from crunchy bread to fresh salads—that promise to complement your bowl of chicken noodle soup perfectly.
Let’s dive in and discover the pairings that will make your cozy meal even more delightful!
What To Serve With Chicken Noodle Soup
Alright, before we jump into all the tasty details, here’s a quick heads up. We’ve got a variety of suggestions coming up, each aiming to add a little something extra to your chicken noodle soup.
From crunchy to creamy, we’ve got something for everyone. So, ready to find your perfect match? Let’s get to it!
Bread and butter
This is classic, you are going to want to use whatever bread you have on hand or choose one of your favorites when you go to the bakery or grocery store.
Now when I say butter I mean to use real butter. Butter that is just cream and milk. When the fat from the butter on the bread hits that warm broth of the chicken noodle soup it is a game-changer.
Here a few of may favorite breads…
Soup and a sandwich is one of the most classic meals. A sandwich serves great with chicken noodle soup.
You can go so many different ways with your sandwich. I would think of them as two separate dishes but the soup is the part that warms you up on a cold fall day.
A few suggestions for the sandwich would be…
- Classic cold cut sandwich: This can be whatever cold cuts and bread that you have on hand. You can even toast or grill the sandwich for more of a panini.
- Italian Sub: Classic sandwich by itself but the saltiness of the meats go great with the broth of a chicken noodle soup.
- BLT: This again is a great sandwich on its own but when you add it with a classic soup it just enhances it.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly: Now I know this might sound crazy to you but I am telling you it is one of my favorites. I would do this as a kid creating anything we could to add more food to a soup dinner.
- Grilled cheese: A buttery bread with melted cheese that you can dip into your soup and soak up the broth… Doesn’t get any better than that.
Go ahead and take a baguette that you like Italian or French and cut it into 1/2″ slices. Toast them in the oven with a little olive oil drizzled on top.
These crispy little toasted crostini dip so well in the chicken noodle soup. They still have a little bit of that crunch after you dip.
This one has its own category because there are so many different types of grilled cheese.
There are so many types of cheese to use like American, gouda, cheddar and they all melt great and make an incredible grilled cheese.
Check out my grilled cheese and tomato soup recipe for a great grilled cheese that will pair really well with chicken noodle soup!
I know that they might sound boring but they do go great with almost any kind of soup.
When you use a classic like a saltine cracker, the salt will pop and the hardness of the cracker with bring a little crunch. They bring back memories from being a kid with that long sleeve that came out of a box with square crackers.
Believe it or not oyster crackers are not just for a chowder they also go great in chicken noodle soup. Try it next time you have it!
Introduce a refreshing contrast to your warm, comforting chicken noodle soup with a side of crisp, fresh salad! A well-chosen salad can offer a delightful blend of textures and flavors, making your meal well-rounded and balanced.
- Caesar Salad: A classic Caesar salad with crunchy croutons, creamy dressing, and a sprinkle of Parmesan can be a wonderful companion, offering a creamy crunch with every bite.
- Greek Salad: With its medley of fresh vegetables, olives, and feta cheese drizzled with a light olive oil dressing, Greek salad brings a Mediterranean flair to your cozy meal.
- Caprese Salad: The simplicity and freshness of a Caprese salad, combining tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze, can be a refreshing palate cleanser.
- Garden Salad: A colorful garden salad with a mix of fresh vegetables and a light vinaigrette dressing can add a crunchy, refreshing element to your meal.
Nothing complements a bowl of hearty chicken noodle soup like a slice of buttery, crispy Texas toast. It’s a match made in culinary heaven, offering a delightful contrast in texture and a richness that enhances the savory notes of the soup.
Follow this easy recipe to make flavorful Texas toast that pairs perfectly with the chicken noodle soup.
Toppings for Chicken Noodle Soup
Elevate your cozy bowl of chicken noodle soup with a sprinkle of exciting toppings! Whether you’re craving a crunch, a zing of flavor, or a creamy touch, the right toppings can transform your soup experience. Dive in and explore these delightful topping ideas to customize your bowl to your taste!
- Parsley: Adds a fresh and slightly peppery flavor.
- Cilantro: Contributes a citrusy and aromatic note.
- Dill: Provides a slightly sweet and grassy taste.
- Chives: Offer a mild onion flavor.
- Parmesan: Adds a nutty and fruity flavor.
- Grated Cheddar: Contributes a creamy and sharp taste.
- Homemade or store-bought, they add a satisfying crunch.
- Gives a citrusy freshness, brightening up the soup.
Crushed Red Pepper
- Adds a spicy kick for those who prefer a bit of heat.
Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- Offers a creamy tanginess that can balance the soup’s savoriness.
Exploring different accompaniments like fresh salads, various bread, and sandwiches with chicken noodle soup can make each meal unique and delightful!
These pairings, along with added enhancements like cheese, ensure every bowl served is a symphony of flavors and textures, promising an unforgettable cozy meal experience!
What To Serve With Chicken Noodle Soup
- Bread and butter
- Grilled cheese
- Texas Toast
- Choose a side that appeals to your taste buds.
- Assemble all the necessary ingredients.
- Prepare a delicious side dish!
Bread and butter
- Varieties: French baguette, Sourdough, Pita, Texas toast garlic bread.
- Varieties: Classic cold cut, Italian Sub, BLT, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Grilled Cheese.
- Slice a baguette into 1/2" slices, drizzle with olive oil, and toast until crispy.
- Varieties: Cheeses: American, Gouda, Cheddar. Bread: Your choice, but sourdough and whole grain are popular options.
- Varieties: Saltine cracker, Oyster crackers.
- Varieties: Caesar Salad, Greek Salad, Caprese Salad, Garden Salad.